‘Investing in our Members’ Voluntary Sector Conference & Interlink RCT AGM
Written by jamie | Published on 18th October 2023
Join us for ‘Investing in our members’ Community and Voluntary Sector Conference and Interlink RCT’s Annual General Meeting.
We are pleased to invite you to our ‘Investing in our members’ Conference where you can direct what Interlink does in the future and how we invest some of our reserves in supporting YOU!
The Conference will be held on Wednesday, 8 November 2023 from 9:00am-1:00pm at Rhondda Heritage Park Hotel, Coedcae Rd, Pontypridd CF37 2NP.
To attend, register for FREE on Eventbrite at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/investing-in-our-members-voluntary-sector-conference-interlink-rct-agm-tickets-737119202377
We are also asking our members to vote on changes to the Interlink RCT Articles of Association (as amended by special resolution registered at Companies House on 23 March 2023). We want to appoint non-member trustees (replacing co-opted trustees) to ensure non-member trustees can provide an equal contribution as trustees and are appointed on the same basis as member trustees. It is proposed there would be a maximum of 3 non-member trustees. The proposed specific clauses to be added are as follows:
- Add: (3) A member director can only be nominated from a member organisation. That is, a member can only nominate a director from their own organisation.
- Add: ‘Non-member directors will be appointed in the same way as member directors and under the same terms and voting rights as member Directors’.
- Add: 25 The number of directors shall be not less than seven and not more than 12 including non-member directors.
It is proposed specific clauses to be removed are as follows:
- Remove: (3) A director can only be nominated from a member organisation. That is, a member can only nominate a director from their own organisation.
- Remove 25: The number of directors shall be not less than seven and not more than 12, (excluding co-opted directors).
- Remove 26: Co-opted directors can be appointed as long as they are not full members and they do not have voting rights.
- Remove 27: The number of co-opted directors shall be not more than three and appointed in the same way as other directors.
Want to make an impact? Want to learn more about being a Trustee by becoming an Interlink Trustee? We want to recruit a diverse range of Trustees and encourage you to complete the application form: https://forms.office.com/e/4U8J9pmKqH
If you wish to discuss becoming what is required from you as a trustee of Interlink, please contact Simon James on 07772 464110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to book your place! If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.